Sunday, March 27, 2011

Smart Rice Cooker

Lightsabers not included :(
Well, those odd balls at Think Geek have done it again. If you're a lover of Asian cuisine, then I'm sure you'll love this as much as I do! From what the description tells, it adjusts the cooking temperature and time on the fly using an advanced 'logic' technology. I'm not sure how a machine logically decides how I want MY rice, but if it works the way it sounds, I'm definitely in.

What really caught my eye, which may be odd for a technology blog, is the heating dispersion it uses. One of the biggest pains is the rice burning to the bottom of the pot, not only because its a pain to clean, but what a waste of good food! It uses a spherically shaped heating element to cook the rice evenly on the top and bottom, so you get the right flavor and texture throughout the dish.

It has multiple functions(I mean, just look at all those buttons!), and can cook a variety of different grains. Including white rice, brown rice, oatmeal, sushi rice, and I'm sure you could probably figure out some others if you're talented in culinary arts. 

Plus, it has an LCD display. I mean, really whats not to love about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment